“CREATING A COMMUNITY COMMITTED TO SERVICE AND SOCIAL CHANGE”
|October 5th-6th, 2012|
M-PACT is a free overnight retreat for leaders of service-focused student organizations. M-PACT builds a community of students on campus committed to social change and to improving service-learning practices within their organizations and in the community. M-PACT is a space for these organizations to dialogue, network, collaborate, share success and challenges, increase impact and involvement, and build a community of students committed to social change.
- To (re)ignite the passion for community activism in that often gets lost in burned-out student leaders and members.
- To create a plan to strengthen collaboration among student service organizations.
- To provide the opportunity for student service organizations to share their successes and challenges they have faced in serving the community and their organization members.
- To strengthen the service leadership skills of current student service organization leaders and future leaders.
- To encourage thoughtful conversation and dialogue about student service organizations’ impact on the community and the concept service in general, with particular emphasis on promoting lasting relationships in the community through their service goals.
The MPACT Retreat is an overnight retreat held at a local retreat center. Meals, lodging, and transportation will be provided to participants. Application to MPACT is on a first come, first serve basis—Apply soon!
Contact Atin Mittra at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration opened on Monday August 27th, 2012 and can be found here.